FUN FACT! Did you know that sesame seeds are a good source of energy due to their high-fat content like polyunsaturated fatty acids and Omega 6? Mhm. Each bite-sized tablespoon of seeds packs 1.6 grams of protein, making them a powerful addition to the uncomplicated and beloved protein ball.
With just 6 ingredients and some hands-on rolling action, no baking required, we give you some seriously crunchy, nutritious balls to pop pre-gym, post-gym, or just when you’re having a mid-afternoon slump. We don’t know about you, but we can always use a nice little energy boost that doesn’t give us the jitters. Looking for a boost? Check out the deets below!
- 1 cup of rolled oats (we like Bobs Red Mill!)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of Crunchy Seedible Sesame Butter
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 8 pitted dates (we like Joolies!)
- 1/4 cup cacao nib
- In a food processor, pulse oats, coconut flakes, crunchy sesame butter, maple syrup, and dates until they form a smooth dough-like consistency.
- Using your hands, roll into 12 equal balls and chill in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Store in the fridge or freezer (up to your texture preference!) and there you go, your energy-boosting balls are ready to be popped.