Haven’t you heard? Banana bread is making quite a come back in 2020 thanks to our extended time indoors, and *oh baby* do we have a treat for you. Meet our Sesame Butter Paleo Banana Bread. The ideal breakfast, snack, or pretty much anytime delight that oozes nostalgia and keeps your abode smelling all warm and cozy.
We like to make things as accessible as possible for you to get your hands on the goods, so we whipped up this recipe free of 3 of the top 8 allergens – no nuts, no dairy, and absolutely no gluten. And you know what, it still tastes really freaking awesome. Maybe our creamy sesame butter has something to do with that? You tell us! Recipe deets below.
- 3 medium ripe bananas (make sure you mash ‘em!)
- 1/2 cup of Creamy Seedible Sesame Butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted (microwave is easiest! Just use the defrost setting in 30-second blasts)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour (we like Bob’s Red Mill! can totally be subbed for almond or oat flour)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (only if you’re into it! We recommend dairy-free CCs)
- Preheat your oven to 325˚F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix up the mashed bananas, sesame butter, eggs, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add in coconut flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, keep mixing. Fold in your dairy-free chocolate chips once everything is well mixed.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the pan, slice, and voila! If you’re feeling a little crazy *but not nuts*, when you eat it, spread a little extra sesame butter on top for added deliciousness!